One Non-existent Coffee Run at a Time
“Oh, you’re an intern? You get coffee for people then, right?” Wow, good one! Haven’t heard that one before!
In a world of stereotypes, breaking through can be difficult. Interns, heed my advice to be remembered as more than “the intern”:
- Come early, stay late. Show you want to be there!
- Always say yes. The more tasks you take on, the more you’ll take away.
- Dress to impress. Leave the shorts at home.
- Listen more than you talk. Active listening helps you learn and shows respect.
- Do the job and do it well.